Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sense of Belonging...

Few weeks ago… I joined a praying service which held at church… The one who lead us came from other city… Absolutely, definitely, we didn’t know exactly who’s that man [except: the one who invited him]. That was the first time for him to stay [in few hours] here… At the first sight, I’d already felt something annoying… I didn’t know why… But… then… Finally I could exactly know what I feel…
From beginning to the end, he explained everything by using Bible [so that we could consider him talking based on the Bible], but… he used only the sentences [in the Bible] which according to his statements or opinion. I could really “see” that he didn’t read the passages in the Bible correctly and holistic. He used and showed to us only a verse, without trying to “read” all the verses in a chapter… Ohhh nooo… What kind of hermeneutic(s) he usually uses?! So “surprisingly”!! My “ears” absolutely was getting “red”, and then I decided to get out…
Then… The next two days, my supervisor (my priest) talked to me about his disappointing. According to his opinion, I should have ability and power to “counter” that man [so that all of the people inside the church knew his big mistake; “spread something poisonous” to the faith of the people]. But… Did I make a big mistake by getting out from the church and decided not to counter that man??!! Why me?! Hey, I’m just staying here for a while… but… What am I “doing” here? What’s my vision?  [Oh dear Lord, please…]
Why do I have to consider him as “the wrong man” for these people?! I think everyone has his/her own way to make interpretations about every verses in the Bible. But at the other side, I think I know that the verse in the Bible has its own context and we can’t “cut” the verses we like or we want!! So…?? [Oh dear Lord, please…] Okay, okay, I did a mistake!!! A big mistake!!! Please, forgive me Lord :(
Sense of belonging isn’t easy to deal with… I think “these people don’t belong to me”, so I decided to get out and I didn’t want to counter at all… But, I know I can’t act like this forever!! I must try my best to love “these people”, to carry “these people” on, as my responsibilities… were given by God…

Madiun, April 27th, 2011
Erchia Chara P.

No comments:

Post a Comment