Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blessed Assurance...

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Few hours ago, my priest’s wife was leading us in a praying
service. We were invited by her to sing this wonderful song,
“Blessed Assurance”. As we know together, these lyrics
were written by Fanny J. Crosby, and we often hear or
even sing these lyrics. Not only able to sing this song well in
harmony, but also able to sing without read the texts. We
remember all the sentences, and so do I. But… While the
people there were singing, I suddenly felt something…
Something different…

I always think that I’ve already done singing, praising my
Saviour all of my days without exception. I always think
that I must be happy because of Jesus is mine. But…?? What
is my real action showing to everyone that I really happy of
it? What is my real action telling the awesome story about
my Saviour to everyone? It couldn’t be really shown only by
my voice!! I need more than it!!

How about my daily activity? How about my routine serving
at church? How about my words everyday? How about my
behaviour? Did all of those can really show the happiness
of having Jesus as Saviour? Did all of those can really tell
the story about Savior?
Unfortunately… I haven’t reflected, thought deeply this
song yet :(

This is my story, dear everyone…
May my story can inspire, make you remember reflecting
this song…
So that you can really show your happiness of having Jesus,
you can really tell your story about Saviour :)
Let us try our best to make it through… to make it real :)


 
April 27th, 2011

Erchia Chara P.

No comments:

Post a Comment